Friday, February 24, 2012

Names and Labels

For years, I've tried to lable myself. What AM I? I know my path is different from that of most people. From what I can tell, most don't know that they have a least a little residual telepathy or empathic ability. If they do, they do not acknowledge it. And by doing so, and by not using it, it just sits there and stagnates.

Other than my brain being different, I do other things, witchy things. Generally, those given to recognize their own see me for what I am. Plus, as I've said, I attract others to me, who are like me.

Oddly, I've had some that just come out and say, "Are you a white witch?"

When I was asked that, I was totally taken aback. I had to ask her how she knew that I wasn't the norm. She said she could just tell. Funny, she's Christian and she can tell? I think a mutual friend had told her that I'm a precog and telepath so perhaps that is where the got the notion.

But then, she'd have to be at least a little familiar with what a white witch is to even ask it.

Later that day, I pondered her question. I wondered why people have a need to lable people. I've always referred to myself as a "solitary practitioner" or a "solitary." Never had a need for another name. I don't belong to a coven. Hanging with other women with skills, gifts, abilities, and, well.... powers, makes things a little complicated. Throw in some estrogen and things can get interesting. So I prefer to work with what I have, what I am, and what I know. No labels necessary.

Here I am now, I know what I need to know about myself. I am solitary. If someone figures me out, and they expect a name for what I am, I just say White Witch and tell them to Wiki it.

Makes my life, and my path, a bit easier.

Blessed Be, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment