Thursday, February 2, 2012

Intuition

Hey ladies, have you ever walked past a man you do not know only to know for a fact that he is watching you walk away? Or have you ever had an encounter with someone, maybe some words were said, and as you walked the other direction, could you feel holes being burned into your head by the other person’s eyes? Perhaps you were in a public place, waiting for your burger order or waiting for the bus, and you knew without turning around that someone was looking at you.

No, you’re not imagining it. It’s real. Your brain is simply picking up the brain waves (i.e., electrical charges) from the other person. It’s a minor form of telepathy, and the fact is, everyONE does it. (Come on! Admit it!)

Think long and hard, and I would bet you could come up with a memory of doing this. Here is my example. About 7 years ago, I was walking in downtown Atlanta, on a sidewalk with a gentle slope. My friend was walking closest to the building and I was closer to the road. We had walked past a skateboarder several minutes previously. In fact, we were maybe only a block away but we could still hear (perhaps in the subconscious background) him doing little jumps and tricks with his board.

This went on for another block.

And then there was the low, grumbly, but steady sound of his wheels as they were heading towards us, utilizing the downward slope to glide along. Ordinarily, this would not seem out of order since we’d seen him, heard him, and would recognize this seemingly innocent downhill approach. But the “eyes on the back of my head” saw him differently. At what I’d assume to be the last minute, I tightened my hand on my shoulder-bag hanging on my left shoulder, and then swung it around to my other shoulder, the one closest the building. As our boarder dude zipped by, you could see him crouched low, hanging to the right, with his arm slightly hooked to…. you guessed it… slip it under the strap of my bag and take off with it. Foiled!

He did turn his head back for a second to deliver a rather nasty look at me. I just grinned and waved.

I love being telepathic sometimes. On occasion, it has served me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment