Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Gift of Intuition

Generally, a young child sees things exactly as they are. They, for the most part, have no preconceived notions or ideas.

When I was very young, 8 or 9, I started noticing patterns in occurrences surrounding me. For awhile, I thought that I was making things happen cuz I’d “see” it in my head and then seconds later, the event would occur. These weren’t major events. These were simple things like knowing a train was coming and we should get the family car over the tracks sooner than later cuz we’d be late for our destination, or what song was coming on the radio next. These were just some of my childhood foresights.

Apparently, I’ve been a rather strong intuit since I was young. The only problem was that it was squelched pretty early too, so I didn’t get the opportunity to exercise my gift as early as I should have. Instead of accepting that some gifts (like things that the mind is capable of), some Christian groups are too quick to deride these things as belonging to the Devil. Really? How then, can they explain that sometimes an innocent child can do these things? Or that they have premonitions right in the middle of God’s “sanctuary” where in theory, they should be protected from the machinations of the Devil? To this day, I’ve never met a Satan worshipper who is a precog. One would assume that their covens would be loaded with people like me if these Universal gifts were from the Devil. I was a child of extreme Christianity, so it was inculcated in me early to push such “unnatural” ability away. I NEVER told anyone what I could do.

Because of these unfounded teachings, many Christians with natural abilities push them away and won’t allow the natural flow of brain activity to function. As it stands, people that know about these things and accept them as reality, actually recognize premonitions for what they are and not simple coincidences. In recent years, I personally see more so-called coincidences for what they really are, and that is because as I age, my mind it more in tune with my brain’s activities. It’s somewhat like a muscle, the more you use it, the more proficient you become. But my point is, if people were “allowed” to accept such gifts, we’d probably have more people who are functioning telepaths and precogs. Only then would we all be able enjoy using our abilities out in the open.

They say that we only use 1/10 of 1% of our brain. That is indeed a very small amount. I would wager that our brain is quite capable of using itself to do more than it thinks it can. Why is that? Perhaps our social evolution hasn’t allowed us to get to that point yet (because some us use our capability, but we don’t freely share it with the mainstream populace). Or perhaps our Almighty does not think we have reached the stage of humanity that can handle such a gift. Still, some of us have it, and we can use it, albeit in a limited way. I WISH that I had more ability. But I am limited. Maybe I’ve not been gifted with more since I have no real need for it at this time. All I can say, is that my intuitions have grown in capacity and number the older I get.

For instance, several years ago, I put on my running shoes, stepped outside to stretch my legs and as I bent over, my mind’s eye saw a small child with very dark hair, wearing white. But that is all. Over the years, so many random images pop into my head that most come and go with me barely noticing (because I cannot tell the difference between a vision or if someone else’s thought, in my vicinity, has reached me). This day was no different, the vision came…and went. I ran to the library (1.3 miles) then turned around to come home. As I started up a hill near my home, I looked up to see a small Asian girl, white shirt and shorts and tennis shoes standing in the road (of 40 MPH). She may have been 2 ½ -3 years old. In split seconds, I heard a car coming up fast behind me, looked to see no traffic coming towards me, looked over my shoulder to see who was coming (it was a sporty white car, coming way too fast), started sprinting across the road, and waving my arms for the driver to slow down. As I grabbed up the little girl, I notice another little one, also in white, perhaps a year younger, standing near the mailbox holding a baby bottle. I scooped her up too. All of this happened in time to feel the breeze that the car created blowing my long hair around my face. Whew. (And yes, I gave the mom an earful when I deposited her two children at her front door.) I sobbed all the way home from the shock of it all. Sometimes I think my brain prepared me for this occurrence by showing it to me 45 minutes earlier. There is no other explanation.

When I worked at a healthcare system, I walked into the break room one day to specifically get something out of the refrigerator. Instead, I walked right up to the coffee maker to make a fresh pot. About one second after I thought to myself, “Why are you doing this? You didn’t want coffee.” our CEO, a rather exacting man who knew what he wanted when he wanted it, walked in and said, “Oh good, when that is finished brewing would you bring me a fresh cup, black?” I guess I saw that he needed fresh coffee before he told me his did.

Recently, while driving home from the bus station, I saw (in my head) a fair-colored dog running up beside the road towards me. As soon as I drove around a curve, there he was, happily trotting a consistent gait as if he knew exactly where he was going and for some reason, I could tell. Being an animal lover I slowed up to see if I needed to get him and help him find his home. However, he stopped, looked both ways, crossed the street, and continued down a driveway as if he knew exactly where to go. I’ve seen him since. He stands at the end of his driveway often, just watching the world go by, seeming almost human. The point? I saw him before I saw him.

And so it goes. This is what I do.

This talent comes in handy when one is driving a bit too fast on the expressway, and believe me, I’ve used it. I generally know where police cars are before I get there. But alas, I can’t turn it on and off with some sort of cerebral switch. Some days I do. Some days I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment